History of the Hospital of the Holy Spirit Foundation - table

1227 the Hospital of the Holy Spirit founded in Lübeck on the corner of Pferdemarkt/Marlesgrube. 
1263 Bishop Johannes III (of Tralau) confirms "the Rules of the Order, which enjoin on the Brothers and Sisters of the Hospital of the Holy Spirit the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience to the Master of the Hospital and the wearing of the Order's clothes of white or grey wool as it comes from the sheep". 
 
 
1276 after the great fire in the city space becomes free for a new construction on Koberg (Kuh-Berg [cow hill]), although it is probable that building work had already been started beforehand.
 
1286 the new construction (church and hospital hall) on Koberg is completed.
 
1300 the rood screen, supported by six columns, appears in the church.
 
1350 the cloister appears.
 
1495 the stellar vault is added to the nave in the church. As a result the windows on the west face are simply overlapped and the large wall murals on the east wall divided.
 
1517/18 the character of the Hospital of the Holy Spirit Hospital is changed to a purely secularly old people's home. The administration of the hospital and of the foundation's assets has been ever since in the hands of the two oldest mayors of the city as directors of the foundation. Four citizen administrators are assigned to them by the council of 1602 onwards.
 
1806 the holding of public services in the church has been abandoned.
 
1820 the beds which up to now have been set up in rows of four in the nave are removed and replaced by the wooden hospital chambers which are still extant.
 
1939 "Gemeinde Hansestadt Lübeck (community of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck" takes over the administration of the foundation. As a result the foundation loses its extensive independence and autonomy.
 
1970 The residents still remaining in the old people's home are relocated to Dornbreite or Kleine Burgstraße old people's homes and care homes
 
1973 Reconstruction of the Hospital of the Holy Spirit old people's home begins. 
1976 the reconstruction work is finished. Since that time a maximum of 85 persons has been accommodated in single- and a few double bedrooms outside the nave. The old people's home is leased to the city as operator of the old people's home for the first time.
 
2001/02 large areas are converted into a modern old people's- and care home.